[Gdal-dev] gdal debian package

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at intevation.de
Wed Sep 1 12:54:08 EDT 2004

Hallo!

Writing the mail about the gdal Fedora pacakge I remembered that the
debian directory is still missing the update of some rather
substantial changes. I still have problems with my CVS access and
it would be nice if you, Frank, can have another look on it.

Otherwise I would suggest to take the diff [1] and apply it to the CVS.
You will have to ensure though that it doesn't break anything that
has been done since the gdal 1.2.1 release.

BTW: By now gdal 1.2.1 is not yet slipped into debian sarge since it
hasn't been built on the arm architecture. I have been informed
though that the next freeze will not be done until all builds on arm
have been done. So version 1.2.1 will be into the next stable
release of debian (suuposed that it builds without failure on arm).

I don't think that we will have grass support of gdal in debian
sarge though since I still wait for an appropriate grass package :-(

Many greetings,

	Silke

[1]
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gdal/gdal_1.2.1-1.diff.gz