[Gdal-dev] MrSID Segmentation Fault

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Sep 7 15:22:29 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 10:54:53AM -0500, Simpson wrote:
> I have successfully got gdal utilities to process the majority of my sid
> files, but landsat data from https://zulu.ssc.nasa.gov/mrsid/ is getting
> segmentation fault.  The MrSID utilities mrsidinfo and mrsiddecode seem to
> work properly with these datasets.  The one I've been playing with is
> https://zulu.ssc.nasa.gov/mrsid/bin/download_file.pl?client=etmpsmos/sid&ima
> ge=N-16-30_2000.tar , if you can get through to the site.  Any
> tips/suggestions would be great.

Drew,

I shall try to reproduce your problem tomorrow. Just a single question:
what GDAL version you are working with?

> 	The geotiff on the system would not compile so used version that
> 	came with gdal.

That problem is interesting for us too. Why you can't compile
libgeotiff?

> STRACE Of gdalinfo call

Well, thanks for your output, but gdb results will be really more useful
for us...

					Regards,
					Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517