[Gdal-dev] Undefined Symbol: CPLCreateThread

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 14 17:12:33 EDT 2004

Dan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to link my solaris application with the GDAL libs (still using
> 1.1.9) using Sun Forte CC, and my final undefined symbol error i receive is
> for CPLCreateThread, referenced from the gdalwarpoperation.o file in the GDAL
> library...is there a library i need to include prior to including GDAL for
> this symbol to be defined??? Any help is appreciated...thanks..

Dan,

I'm not sure why this is happening to you. CPLCreateThread() should be
defined in cpl_multiproc.cpp.  If pthreads or win32 style stuff isn't
available it should fallback to a dummy implementation.

If you can't easily identify what is going wrong in cpl_multiproc.cpp, you
can just comment out the call in gdal/alg/gdalwarpoperation.cpp.  Multi
threading is not normally used.

PS. 1.1.9 is pretty ancient.  It's alot more fun answering questions about
current software.