[Gdal-dev] GDAL with external geotiff and tiff with LZW

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen at Ticheler.net
Fri Sep 17 11:02:21 EDT 2004

I'm building GDAL with external reference to geotiff and tiff that have
LZW enabled (tried the tools separately and the compression works)
I am now getting the following error and don't know what I do wrong. Do
I have to change something in the configuration files?
I have build GDAL 1.2.2 just now without problems, but it was using
internal tiff and geotiff and LZW didn't seem to work.
Help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jeroen

OS: MAC OS X

Command to configure:

./configure --mandir=/usr/local/share/man --with-libtiff=/usr/local
--with-geotiff=/usr/local --with-hdf4=/usr/local --with-jpeg=/usr/local
--with-zip=/usr --with-proj=/usr/local

make error:

_PyType_Type
_Py_BuildValue
_Py_InitModule4
__Py_NoneStruct
_GTIFDeaccessCSV referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFFree referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFGetDefn referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFNew referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFWriteKeys referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_XTIFFClose referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_XTIFFOpen referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFFreeMemory referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFGetDatumInfo referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFGetEllipsoidInfo referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFGetGCSInfo referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFGetPCSInfo referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFGetPMInfo referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFGetUOMAngleInfo referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFGetUOMLengthInfo referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFKeyGet referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_GTIFKeySet referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_XTIFFClientOpen referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
__GTIFFree referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_gtCPLCalloc referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_gtCPLError referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_gtCPLMalloc referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_gtCPLStrdup referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_gtCSLCount referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_gtCSLDestroy referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_gtCSVFilename referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
_gtCSVReadParseLine referenced from libgdal expected to be defined in
libgeotiff.1.2.2.dylib
make[1]: *** [_gdalmodule.la] Error 1
make: *** [py-module] Error 2