[Gdal-dev] Create method

Pereira, Ricardo Scachetti rpereira at ku.edu
Fri Sep 24 09:48:14 EDT 2004

	Hi, folks,

	GDAL supports creation of many raster formats from table on this
url: http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/formats_list.html
	But then when I check if the drivers support the Create method,
with a call like this:

  poDriver = GetGDALDriverManager()->GetDriverByName("AAIGrid");
  if( poDriver == NULL ) exit( 1 );
  papszMetadata = poDriver->GetMetadata();
  bool result = ( CSLFetchBoolean( papszMetadata, GDAL_DCAP_CREATE,
FALSE ) );

	Only BMP and Gtiff seem to support it.
	So my question is, what is the alternative method of creating
raster datasets using the various drivers, other than using Create()?
Why some drivers implement it and others don't?
	Thanks,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Scachetti Pereira