[Gdal-dev] More problems compiling under VS.NET 2003

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:35:05 EDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 5:00 PM, Thom DeCarlo <t.r.decarlo at larc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>    Creating library gdal_i.lib and object gdal_i.exp
> LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GDALDitherRGB2PCT
> LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GDALComputeMedianCutPCT
> LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GDALReprojectImage
> LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GDALSimpleImageWarp
> gdal12.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
> Stop.
>
> It looks like there symbols are added in the $BASE_INSTALL var in
> makefile.vc. Any notion what I'm missing?

Thom,

Try adding STDCALL=YES in your nmake.opt and then do a full
clean build.  I am in the midst of lots of changes related to
making some C entry points have STDCALL conventions but
I hadn't updated the nmake.opt with the right defaults.  The
changes is in CVS now or you can manually update yours.