[Gdal-dev] Kakadu and MrSID conflict

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:43:31 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 3:32 AM, Julien Demaria <dem at acri-st.fr> wrote:
> I found that last MrSID DSDK is Kakadu v4.2 based ; so I'll try to
> downgrade my Kakadu to v4.2...
>
> Are there solutions to this conflicts ?

Julien,

The only "solution" I am aware of is to drop the Kakadu out of the build,
and depend on the MrSID driver for JPEG2000 support.  However, I
am not sure if the GDAL MrSID code is really setup properly to handle
JPEG2000.  In fact, I haven't personally run into this yet since I don't
normally build with the MrSID SDK.