[Gdal-dev] Reading RPC

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:30:56 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 5:18 PM, Peng Gao <pgao at esri.com> wrote:
> Thanks Frank.
>
> Have another question.
>
> I got some tiff images with RPC from Space Imaging. But the RPC
> are stored in a separate txt file, instead of as tiff tags.
> If the tiff file name is
> x.tif, then the RPC text file name is x_rpc.txt. Can GDAL read RPC
> from the text file? How can I tell GDAL the txt file is associated
> with the tiff image?

Peng,

Currently GDAL has no support for reading external RPC-in-text
formats.  As I think we have discussed before, there is work
going on through ASPRS to define a tag for keeping RPCs in
GeoTIFF and when that is finalized GDAL will support it.

In the meantime, I could implement support for spaceimaging rpc
text file if you wish.  Please open an enhancement request and
attach an example file to it.