[Gdal-dev] Grass 6.0 support?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 14 03:59:29 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 07:35:08PM +0000, Jonathan Greenberg wrote:
> I'm noticing GDAL 1.2.6 is looking for grass5 libraries if I want to compile
> using the --with-grass=ARG flag.  Any chance you can fix this to
> support the recently released grass 6?  Thanks!

There are two ways to configure GDAL with GRASS support:

 http://www.gdal.org/frmt_grass.html
 -> NOTES on driver variations

./configure --help | grep grass
  --with-grass=ARG      Include GRASS support (GRASS 5.7+, ARG=GRASS install tree dir)
  --with-libgrass=ARG   Include GRASS support based on libgrass (GRASS 5.0+)

Using --with-grass=/path/to/grass6/libs it will pick the
GRASS 6 libraries.

Markus