[Gdal-dev] NITF transformation problem

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:46:52 EDT 2005

On 4/15/05, Peng Gao <pgao at esri.com> wrote:
> I have a NITF image. When opened, GDAL returns a transformation of 6 zeros
> and 2 large numbers (-9.2559631349317831e+061), and a UTM projection.
> There is no GCP. How do I correctly position this image?

Peng,

I'm a bit confused.  The Geotransform is only six doubles long.  Is
it GetGeoTransform() that is returning the above values?  If so,
why do you get eight values?  Does GetGeoTransform() return
CE_None?

Can you provide output from the nitfdump program for the file?  It
provides a lower level view of the key nitf information.  You can build
this on windows by going to the gdal\frmts\nitf directory and building
with the command "nmake /f makefile.vc nitfdump.exe"