[Gdal-dev] NITF transformation problem

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:57:47 EDT 2005

Peng,

OK, I have isolated and fixed two issues in CVS.

 1) In NITF 2.0 ICORDS='N' means there is no georeferencing, but
     in NITF 2.1 it means UTM North.  I hadn't realized the NITF 2.0
     case had such a distinct interpretation but I have now updated the
     code accordingly.

 2) Recent changes in the NITF driver to support a rotated image
     nicely seem to have messed up the "missing georeferencing" case
     somewhat.

If you rebuild from CVS you should see these problems corrected and your
dataset will report like this:

Driver: NITF/National Imagery Transmission Format
Size is 1024, 1024
Coordinate System is `'
Metadata:
  NITF_FHDR=NITF02.00
  NITF_IC=C3
  NITF_IMODE=B
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0, 1024.0)
Upper Right ( 1024.0,    0.0)
Lower Right ( 1024.0, 1024.0)
Center      (  512.0,  512.0)
Band 1 Block=1024x1024 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Undefined

Note that we now have the default "image coordinates" geotransform
information.  The GetGeoTransform() method should now be returning
CE_Failure.