[Gdal-dev] convert HDF ASTER to geotiff

Kenneth Melero kmelero at sanz.com
Sat Apr 30 10:59:59 EDT 2005

Andrey,

Can you provide an example of this?

Thanks!
-Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: gdal-dev-bounces at xserve.flids.com
[mailto:gdal-dev-bounces at xserve.flids.com] On Behalf Of Andrey Kiselev
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 2:42 AM
To: gdal-dev at remotesensing.org
Subject: Re: [Gdal-dev] convert HDF ASTER to geotiff

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 01:18:15PM -0700, Jon Saints wrote:
> Hi, I am new to GDAL. I have had some success converting hdf to tif
> using gdal_translate.
>
> i have not been able to apply a coorsys to the new tif image.  has
> anyone any expirience with this sort of thing?

ASTER scenes are georeferenced with GCP points, that means you should use
gdalwarp to transform the scene in desirable projection and extent. And you
definitely need the latest CVS snapshot of GDAL sources where the proper
functionality has been implemented.

Regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5970603  ICQ# 26871517