[Gdal-dev] raster format and indexation for not so static repository

Marco Vieira marco_vieira at uk2.net
Fri Aug 5 14:23:41 EDT 2005

Hi list.
 Hi have 150Gb of raster data distributed in hundred thousand files in a
non standart 16bit raw format that I can convert to a Arc/Info ASCII Grid
- AAIGrid format to display with mapserver in many scales. This data need
to be updated almost everyday (converted and presented).
 I planned to convert to a non compressed format (tif) in three diferent
resolution (a fake "pyramids") to classify pixel values dinamically with
mapserver and planned to use simple tile indexation like gdaltindex +
shptree but it is not showing me a good idea because needes to much time
to process and to much volume to handle.
 Anyone has some suggestion about raster format and indexation to optimize
handling and fast presentation? ECW?

Marco Vieira.
Fone:    + 55 21 9499-6800
marco_vieira at uk2.net