[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.3.0 Beta1 Released

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:56:49 EDT 2005

On 8/7/05, Alessandro Amici <lists at b-open-solutions.it> wrote:
> example errors are ('raster of' numbers change):
> ERROR 5: Access window out of range in RasterIO().  Requested
> (0,0) of size 10x10 on raster of -216068892x23625214.

Alessandro,

This does sound like something is corrupt in the GDALRasterBand
(or GDALDataset).

> and the segfault appears to be inside the locking code:
> [Switching to Thread -1210644800 (LWP 22483)]
> 0xb7856faa in GDALRasterBand::TryGetLockedBlockRef ()
> from /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1
> (gdb)
>
> the pythonic attributes of gdal.Band work as usual, so i'm inclined to think
> this might be a memory corruption bug possibly due to threading-problems.
>
> with the same files i can reproduce the problem within the python interpreter.

Anything odd about your platform? (ie. 64bit or non-x86).

I don't see anything like this with the GDAL python tools (ie pretty
much the whole autotest suite works fine), so there must be something
different between our environments.