[Gdal-dev] GIS Libs for Mac OS X (GDAL/OGR) updated

William K woklist at charter.net
Sun Aug 7 20:10:36 EDT 2005

An update for my GIS Libs package for Mac OS X.

The main attraction here is GDAL/OGR.  Now at 1.3.0b1 (really CVS
from this morning).  Recently added Xerces GML support.

Raster support (from gdalinfo --formats): VRT, GTiff, NITF, HFA,
SAR_CEOS, CEOS, ELAS, AIG, AAIGrid, SDTS, OGDI, DTED, PNG, JPEG, MEM,
JDEM, GIF, ESAT, FITS, BSB, XPM, BMP, AirSAR, RS2, PCIDSK, ILWIS,
GMT, netCDF, HDF4, HDF4Image, PNM, DOQ1, DOQ2, ENVI, EHdr, PAux, MFF,
MFF2, FujiBAS, GSC, FAST, BT, LAN, CPG, IDA, NDF, JPEG2000 (GeoJP2),
L1B, FIT, RMF, USGSDEM, GXF, GRASS Rasters

Vector support (from ogrinfo --formats): ESRI Shapefile, UK .NTF,
SDTS, TIGER, S57, MapInfo, DGN, VRT, AVCBin, REC, Memory, CSV, GML,
Interlis 1, Interlis 2, OGDI, PostgreSQL, MySQL

PostGIS and MySQL are linked statically, so you don't need them on
the same Mac as GIS Libs.  NetDCF and HDF are also linked in static.
HDF includes szip decompression support.  PROJ and GEOS support is
also included.

I left out MrSID because it doesn't support GCC 4 (used in Tiger)
yet.  For consistency, the Panther package doesn't include MrSID either.

ECW I'm not sure about yet - that last time I tried I couldn't get
the ECW SDK to work.  I haven't checked in a while, so maybe it has
improved for Mac OS X.  I will add it to GIS Libs when I can.

See my web site for this and PostGIS, PHP and MapServer installers.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.