[Gdal-dev] MinGW Build Error gdal-1.3.0

Stefan Klug Klug.Stefan at gmx.de
Tue Aug 16 04:18:19 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

I get a build error with MinGW under Windows.
tif_jpeg fails to compile...

My configure options are:
./configure --without-unix-stdio-64

The problem is in tif_jpeg.c line 68...

/* Define "boolean" as unsigned char, not int, per Windows custom. */
#if defined(WIN32)
# ifndef __RPCNDR_H__            /* don't conflict if rpcndr.h already
read */
   typedef unsigned char boolean;
# endif
# define HAVE_BOOLEAN            /* prevent jmorecfg.h from redefining it */
#endif

This seems to define HAVE_BOOLEAN without boolean being defined.
If I add an #undef HAVE_BOOLEAN to the top of jmorecfg.h everything runs
smoothly.

Is there an MinGW professional out there to give a clean solution?
It took me some time to solve this issue for the first time, would be
great if a solution could be committed to help other MinGW users.

Also the FAQ on gdal.org might be updated, as configure does everything
right on MinGW, except the definition of  UNIX_STDIO_64, thats why I
added --without-unix-stdio-64

Best regards,
Stefan Klug