[Gdal-dev] Arbitrary XML in JPEG2000

Norman Barker nbarker at rsinc.com
Tue Aug 16 07:10:02 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am doing a quick prototype for creating a series of JPEG2000 image with XML metadata encoded inside the image from a series of tif files with the metadata (not geo-metadata) in a tab delimited text file.  I know it can be done :-), but I was trying to think of the quickest way to do this with GDAL.

In particular is there an option with within gdal_translate, to encode xml such as <test>test_value</test> from the command line, or can I do this with the python bindings?

I am using FWTools 0.9.9b2 on Windows.

Many thanks,

Norman Barker