[Gdal-dev] OCI connection close !!!

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 09:03:46 EDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Ibrahim HIDIR <hipoxi at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> i am ibrahim from turkey ankara,
>
> i am using gdal 126, and oracle 9.2.0.1, i am connecting oracle with
> ds = ogr.Open('OCI:harita/harita at dunya_srv',1)
> and working fast and fine thnkyou, but when i can't close the
> connection, i search everywhere but icoulD2t find anything about
> closing the connection, i have to close the connection because in
> oracle every connection staying alive until i close it, so oracle
> lucks after hundreds open connection, what can i do?

Ibrahim,

Yikes, reviewing the OCI driver cleanup code, there is no sign that
it tries to drop the connection.   I think (assume?) it is dropped
automatically when the program terminates which I guess has been
fine for most of my use.

Could you file a bug on this issue?  I will need to look into it at some
point when I am booted into my oracle dev environment.