[Gdal-dev] 1.3.0 no worky on SuSE 9.0

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Aug 25 15:24:50 EDT 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> On 8/23/05, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> > > g++     -c -o gdalopeninfo.o gdalopeninfo.cpp
> > > In file included from gdal_priv.h:237,
> > >                  from gdalopeninfo.cpp:36:
> > > gdal.h:234: error: syntax error before `(' token
>
> Curt,
>
> Normally when I see these syntax errors on gdal.h:234 (the
> first use of the new CPL_STDCALL symbol), I assume it relates
> to picking up old GDAL include files.  But your compile line
> has essentially no arguments (no include directives, etc).  I
> guess it must be picking up old include files from /usr/local/include.

If I recall correctly I went and wiped out anything gdal-related
before that, including even the man pages.  I wanted a clean build
of Xastir without any old include/library files hanging around.

> But the real question is what went wrong with the configure
> that would screw up all the normal options (like -I../port).
> We used to get this problem with old versions of the mysql-config
> script which would screw up the configure script and cause it to
> not complete properly.
>
> However, that was all fixed up some time ago.  Perhaps something
> similar to that has come up again.
>
> If you feel like helping me track it down, we should re-run the
> original configure and see if we can see anything odd in it's
> output (or in config.log).

I'd be glad to help.  I'll start by whacking everything again, doing
a find on the /usr/lib, /usr/include, and /usr/local areas to make
sure I got all the gdal-related stuff, then do a clean build from
the tar.gz file.  I'll let you know what I find.  It's possible that
it's an old version of mysql-config on here.  It's the SuSE 9.0
RPM's for that, and 9.0 isn't the latest, but I have done online
updates so it has the very latest 9.0 files on it.