[Gdal-dev] GDALCreate with JPEG

Nacho Brodin brodin_ign at gva.es
Fri Dec 2 06:31:05 EST 2005

Hello,
I'm having problems with the function GDALCreate using the JPEG driver however
GDALCreateCopy works correctly, I can create jpg images with this function.
With GTiff driver GDALCreate works well.
The error message that GDALCreate show is
ERROR 6: GDALDriver::Create() ... no create method implemented for this
format.
If I execute "gdal_translate --help" it shows the driver list with output
support and this list includes JPEG format.

I think that this is a JPEG driver normal behavior but I am not just exporting
an existing file to a new jpg file. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Nacho Brodin