[Gdal-dev] Free OGRGeometry?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Dec 2 23:40:12 EST 2005

On 12/1/05, Craig Miller <craig.miller at spatialminds.com> wrote:
> I thought I'd have a conversation with myself here...   :-)
>
> After defining /MDd for GDAL I am getting assertions about improper use of
> the heap.  These problems appear with both my application, and with the gdal
> utilities (gdalinfo).  Is there a workaround that will allow me to create a
> debug build of gdal that is compatible with my application's debug build?
> The reason the asserts don't occur when /MD is used is because they are only
> present with the debug builds of the system libraries.  I am not positive,
> but believe the ASSERTS are triggering valid heap allocation problems inside
> GDAL though.

Craig,

I can't say that I have actually built with /MDd on win32, though
if it provides a bunch of runtime heap debugging support it might
be a very good idea.  Do the error messages give any context
as to where the problem is?  What do you think I should try to
reprodue the problem?  Do you get errors with an operation with
the standard utilities that I could easily reproduce?