[Gdal-dev] Bug correction in GML reader

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Dec 9 12:54:17 EST 2005

On 12/9/05, Sebastien Grignard <sebastien.grignard at archivideo.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> I've corrected 2 bugs in the OGR GML driver :
>  - FIDs written by the GML driver are now read and not ignored like before
>  - the 'ogr:' prefix added to the feature field names is now ignored by
> the reader.
> Included are the 2 diff files (against ogrgmldatasource.cpp and
> ogrgmllayer.cpp, current CVS, command 'cvs diff -C 3').

Sebastien,

The patches look promising, but I can't look into them today.
Could you submit them via bugzilla so I won't lose track of them?

I am a bit nervous about the FID change because GML FIDs
can be alphanumeric.  However, OGR FIDs are just 32bit integers.
We need to be very careful not to use built-in FIDs that can't be
properly represented in OGR or we may end up with features
with non-unique fids.