[Gdal-dev] Compling GDAL 1.3.1 in MinGW

Pete Nagy Peter.Nagy at vexcel.com
Fri Dec 9 16:41:44 EST 2005

I was able to build gdal c libs with mingw using cygwin bash shells with a
few tweaks.  But, if you're planning on using python, you may encounter
problems with your mingw-built gdal, if you're using the precompiled
windows binaries for python.  This is because the python wants to link
with the newer MSVCR71.dll instead of the older MSVCRT.dll that mingw
uses.  I believe you would need to try the version of python built with
mingw (which I didn't do, I went ahead and built gdal with MSVC6 instead,
since the rest of my mingw project works fine with the MSVC6-built gdal).

-> Pete

Pete Nagy                                        tel: (303) 583-0248
Vexcel Corporation                               fax: (303) 583-0246
http://www.vexcel.com                           home: (303) 823-2336