[Gdal-dev] OGRLayerAttrIndex

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Sat Dec 10 13:21:54 EST 2005

Frank,

I have a class that allows me to insert new geometries into a shape
file.  I'm also using a spatial index on each file.  I noticed the
method GetIndex() on the OGRLayer and the fact that the class
OGRLayerAttrIndex has methods like AddToIndex() and RemoveFromIndex().
What I would like to do is incrementally add or delete one geometry to
the index at a time as I add/remove geometries, rather than dropping the
whole index and rebuilding it when I modify the file.  I tried to use
the AddToIndex() function but it didn't add anything to the index file.
Could you explain to me how to use the OGRLayerAttrIndex class?

Thanks in advance,

Martin