[Gdal-dev] shaded relief utility

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 04:15:49 EST 2005

Hey folks,

  If anyone's interested, I created a GDAL-based utility for creating
shaded relief maps from a DEM. This was for a client who was kind
enough to let me keep the rights to all of my code ;-) So I'll release
it to the public domain in case anyone can find a use for it.

  Basically it's a simple GDAL/C++  port of the GRASS algorithm from
r.shaded.relief. Of course this has the advantage of being able to use
any GDAL DEM not just a GRASS map.  I've compiled it against gdal
1.3.1 on linux and I'd like to see if anyone else has any luck on
different platforms. Of course suggestions and changes are very
appreciated as my C++ experience is a bit weak.

--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com
http://www.perrygeo.net