[Gdal-dev] Problem with gdal+postgresql on RHEL3

Thom DeCarlo t.r.decarlo at larc.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 12 13:23:32 EST 2005

I've got a Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 box that I inherited and I want to
set up as a geospatial data server and GIS workstation. I've successfully
compiled and installed PostgreSQL v8.1.0 and PostGIS v1.0.6 into the
/usr/local directory. I've run the gdal configure using "./configure
--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.0.1
--with-pg=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config".

However, when I try to compile gdal the linker picks up the wrong version of
PostgreSQL. (The computer came with an older version of PostgreSQL installed
and I'm not sure what will break if I just delete it.) The linker warnings
look like this:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libpq.so.3, needed by ../.libs/libgdal.so, may
conflict with libpq.so.4

Do you have any tips on how to get gdal configured properly in this
environment?

Thanks,
Thom

--
Thom DeCarlo
     Is it a bad sign if you spend the day wondering