[Gdal-dev] Problem with gdal+postgresql on RHEL3

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Mon Dec 12 16:32:45 EST 2005

Thom,
      rpm -qa |grep post
should list all rpms with post in their name, and should get all of the
postgresql rpms you need to kill.
Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             "Thom DeCarlo"
             <t.r.decarlo at larc
             .nasa.gov>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  <gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org>
             gdal-dev-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.maptools.or
             g                                                     Subject
                                       RE: [Gdal-dev] Problem with
                                       gdal+postgresql on RHEL3
             12/12/2005 03:41
             PM

Hmmm... that's odd. The LIBS variable included the substring
 "-lpq -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq". (For some reason, "-lpq" was included
twice.) I removed the one before the "-L" and it seems to be recompiling
properly.

I'm still trying to figure out rpm's. (complete Linux newbie here) The only
postgresql rpms that I've found (/var/spool/repackage/rh-postgresql-*)
respond with "not installed" to the "rpm -e" command.

Thanks for the off-topic help. I really appreciate it.

Thom