[Gdal-dev] shaded relief utility

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Fri Dec 16 16:40:49 EST 2005

> -----

Everything is rasters, so i suppose the answer is "pixels".  I'm not certain
where polygons would play a role in hillshading, unless the source data was
only available in contour form, or the output needs to be at a higher pixel
resolution than the input heixel resolution.  In that case, using extracted
contours seems like it would suffer from similar artifacts as supersampling
the input grid, so i'm not sure if there's an advantage there.

-Ben