[Gdal-dev] SRS not properly defined

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Dec 17 10:11:57 EST 2005

On 12/16/05, Petteri Packalen <packalen at cs.joensuu.fi> wrote:
> Projection WKT is *always* printed properly. However, projection is saved
> into file only in the case of euref_fin-projection. Other projection
> deinitions are not saved into the output file. The wkt which succeeds is
> the only one that is not (yet) widely used - therefore it does not exists
> e.g. in the EPSG library (not at least last time I checked). I'm rather
> sure my wkt strings are correct. I have used these already some years
> such a manner that I save a string into prj file without any problem.
> Wkt strings are copied from ESRI prj files.

Petteri,

You haven't specified what format you are working with, nor
given the details of the problem coordinate systems, so
it is hard to say much.

I will say that you code looks fine, so it is likely an
issue with whether the format in question supports
the particular projection(s) you are using. The other
thing is that if the projection definitions are coming
from an ESRI source they likely ought to be normalized
into OGR WKT format by doing a morphFromESRI()
on an ORSpatialReference.

Best regards,
Frank