[Gdal-dev] Proj4j >> Projection WKT

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Dec 17 15:20:13 EST 2005

On 12/16/05, Sankaran, Deepak <dsankaran at sanz.com> wrote:

> I would just like to confirm whether "Equidistant_Cylindrical" projection
> needs to be translated to "Equirectangular" in the WKT before GDAL-Proj4j is
> able to process it?

Deepak,

My catalog of projections treats these as equivelent,
but lists Equirectangular as the proper name for WKT.

  http://geotiff.maptools.org/proj_list/equirectangular.html

But looking in the morphFromESRI/morphToESRI code
i see that ESRI uses the name Equidistant_Cylindrical.
If you now the WKT is ESRI compatible, you can
import it into an OGRSpatialReference and then call
morphFromESRI() to normalize it.