[Gdal-dev] ECW Source SDK Available - Linux Binaries Prepared

Nacho brodin_ign at gva.es
Tue Feb 1 03:44:53 EST 2005

Hi,
I have compiled gdal with .ecw support in Linux and I am doing some test with
it.
I have detected a performance problem and I'd like some help about it.
When I read a window (100x100 px) smaller than the total width
of the image (8400x6200 px) it cost same time than reading a window
with full width (8400x100 px). With gdalinfo I've seen that it has a
block size of 8400x1 and I think there are some relationship, but I've no
idea about how to cope with it.
I've had some equaly puzzling results with mrsid, and no having solved it
I finally decided to use GeoDSDK library without GDAL.
Maybe I'm doing a bad use of the library  ... any help welcome

thanks in advance