[Gdal-dev] ogr.py enhancement proposal

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at intevation.de
Wed Feb 2 11:35:02 EST 2005

Hi Howard,

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:11:26AM -0600, Howard Butler wrote:

> Again, I'm looking for your (and Frank's!) opinion on the proposed
> enhancement.  You would not be required to use these enhancements in your
> old or new code, but they would be there for you if you need them.  Would
> something like this make your life with ogr.py easier?

Yes, it would make it easier for me! Thanks for these enhancements.
Especially the way how feature attributes are adressed is very
convinient so I would vote to add this the ogr.py in CVS.

> Does something like
> this break from the unified (C/C++/Python) API in too great a way?

The way to programm is different from the way to programm in C/C++
anyway so in my opinion it is OK to adapte the API to special
programming languages if this makes programming as well as reading
the code easier.

Just my opinion.

Greetings,

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/