[Gdal-dev] read prj & metadata from .html file?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Feb 2 12:08:50 EST 2005

Matt -

First, your reply went to me because I replied only to you.  My
questions were about the sources of your DRGs for my own curiosity, as I
thought I knew most of the places people got them and what they looked
like - I didn't copy the list because it wasn't relevant to your
question.

Find your EPSG file - that is, the file named "EPSG", in your PROJ
distribution/installation, possibly in \proj\nad\epsg.  It's a text file
- open it in an editor like WordPad (it probably has Unix-style line
ends).

Locate the string "<26703>" (no quotes) - it's probably there, but if
you can't find it, search for "<26704>", "<26705>", etc. until you find
one.  These are the NAD27 UTM North projection codes.  The last two
digits are the UTM Zone number.

When you find the closest match, copy the definition line and paste a
new copy, changing the code to "26702", and changing the string
"+zone=3" (or whatever) to "+zone=2".

Save the file and you're done.  The changes will be obvious once you
locate the file and a NAD27 UTM zone definition.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.