[Gdal-dev] Error code in TIGER 2004 --> ESRI shape file conversion

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Feb 8 09:45:49 EST 2005

Hi Folks,
      Ran
  ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" tgr37001rt2b.shp TGR37001.RT2

  with FWtools 0.95 on a windows 2000 on a 2004 TIGER file downloaded from
the Census . Seemed to create the shape file ok, but gave the following
error message:

ERROR 6: Can't create fields of type IntegerList on shapefile layers.

      The same message occurs when running on linux with GDAL 1.2.4  and on
WindowsXP with data for Georgia.

      I thought shape files could only do Integer, Float, or String fields.
Does the IntegerList need to be converted to a String field for shape file
conversion? ( If that would be a valid generalization, showing my ignorance
of the TIGER format).   Just wanted to check the list to see if there was
something blindingly obvious that I was not doing before I entered it on
Bugzilla.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null