[Gdal-dev] DBDB-V format

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:06:15 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:58:40 -0600, Eric Lindahl <eric at 21csi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't readily tell if there is a way to read DBDB-V bathymetric data with
> GDAL.
>
> Anyone done this or have pointers?

Eric,

I gather that DBDB-V is distributed in netCDF format, is that right?
I also see that some such data is provided with a DODS interface.

I am not sure if the GDAL NetCDF reader would support DBDB-V
files - there are significant limitations on it.  However, the GDAL DODS
driver should be able to read it from any DODS server serving it.

I would add that the FWTools binaries for Linux include DODS support
though I don't think my windows binaries do.