[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr and postgis arbitrary third dimension (mapserver related)

Jean-Denis Giguere jdenisgiguere at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 10 17:28:29 EST 2005

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:49:27 -0500, Jean-Denis Giguere
> <jdenisgiguere at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>>   int_aff (String) = 2M
>>   POINT (-79.93342590 46.36622246 2.005)
>

> Jean-Denis,
>
> That is strange.  I don't know how you would end up with Z values
> in geometry read from the AVC reader.  I reviewed the code again
> to be sure, and I don't see how this would happen.
>
> If you can provide the dataset in question, I could try and reproduce
> this.  Do the Z values show up in ogrinfo reports on the dataset?

You can download an ARC/INFO interchange file here
ftp://ftp.mrn.gouv.qc.ca/Public/Dgig/Produits/bdga1m/vectoriel/habit_p.zip

I used avcimport to produce de Arc/Info Coverage.

Sorry, I don't explain very well my ogrinfo outputs.

The first output was obtained by
$ ogrinfo /home/data/limites_qc/habit_p_ll/ lab
(where /home/data/limites_qc/habit_p_ll/ is a Arc/Info coverage)

The second was obtained by
$ ogrinfo PG:'dbname=prepa' habit_p_ll
(Where habit_p_ll is the database table obtained with ogr2ogr directly
from the coverage describe above)

When I query my batabase with psql, I get exactly the same coordinate
that orginfo.

Hope this help,

Jean-Denis