[Gdal-dev] Error in ogrct.cpp file in ogr folder

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Fri Feb 11 12:02:17 EST 2005

Hi all

I have a problem with GDAL linked to PROJ library not installed in
default directory (usr/local).

THIS PROBLEM IS ONLY CONNECTED TO RASTER REPROJECTION. Example in
THUBAN software (it works with GDAL-OGR) you can reproject vector
files but with raster you have always this error:

ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.dylib), creation of
OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.

I have a Mac OS X and in the file ogr/ogrct.cpp row 144-148 I have changed:

   #ifdef WIN32
   #  define LIBNAME      "proj.dll"
   #else
- #  define LIBNAME      "libproj.so"
   #endif

   #ifdef WIN32
   #  define LIBNAME      "proj.dll"
   #else
+ #  define LIBNAME      "libproj.dylib"
   #endif

I have tried in configure 2 way: proj linked normal (default) and
linked static.

I use GDAL with different software and I built PROJ and GDAL in
different folders. I use in configure:
--prefix/usr/local/grasslib
or
--prefix/usr/local/thubanlib

and so on.

I have need of different proj and gdal for building stand-alone application.
I don't work in /usr/local standard location.

I have discovered a wrong link inside my libgdal.dylib about the link
to libproj.dylib library outside normal /usr/local/lib folder.

SITUATION
Now GDAL+PROJ only works for raster projections if PROJ has a sym
link ALWAYS in:
/usr/local/lib/libproj.dylib
linked to my proj installation outside /usr/local folder

GDAL DOESN'T WORK FOR RASTER PROJECTIONS IF IT DOESN'T SEE THE
/usr/local/lib/libproj.dylib file (or sym link).

This is an error in GDAL library. GDAL must work outside normal
/usr/local folder installation.

Bye

||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131