[Gdal-dev] MrSID and GDAL

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Fri Feb 11 17:41:57 EST 2005

Yar,

You need to download the DSDK as Kirk mentioned.  Then go to the gdal
directory and uncomment the config options in the nmake.opt file that
pertain to MRSID driver. Then rebuild gdal using the instructions on the
gdal homepage http://www.gdal.org. I actually updated my mrsid driver
yesterday and it worked fine.  The only note is that the current mrsid
driver implementation in gdal is very slow for known reasons.  Andrey
knows about this issue and is planning to address it this weekend.
However, you should still be able to read mrsid.

If you need more help I am glad to help you out.

Martin