[Gdal-dev] error when creating tiff with COMPRESS=DEFLATE

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:13:55 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:00:58 +0100, Vincent Schut <vincent at ecovla.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when I try to save a tiff file with deflate compressing, I get the following:

Vincent,

I believe there is an open bug report against libtiff (or GDAL?) related
to use of update-in-place access with compressed files.  It does not
seem to be working currently.  In the meantime, you should warp
into an uncompressed file and then use gdal_translate to convert
to compressed format.

I am hoping Andrey can look into this issue, but it may be some time before
he has a chance.