[Gdal-dev] Trouble importing Arc 8.3 projection file into OGR SRS

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 15:23:43 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:54:56 -0500, William Lyons
<wlyons at prologic-inc.com> wrote:

> Hello Frank, and List,
>
> I'm attempting to import the Arc 8.3 projection file below into an
> OGRSpatialReference using SetFromUserInput().
>
> But, I get OGRERR_CORRUPT_DATA as a result.  So, my questions are:  Is this
> supposed to happen? And,
>
> If so, is there some way to import it?

William,

I tried the file with testepsg, and it seemed to work fine.  Testepsg
(manually buildable in gdal/ogr) uses SetFromUserInput().

I don't see anything odd about the file in question nor any reason
it would fail.  If possible, you might want to trace through the code and
see what is going wrong.