[Gdal-dev] Re: (GRASSLIST:5937) Re: loading VMAP0 data with v.in.ogr?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 20:18:07 EST 2005

> > Running it through the debugger shows this is as a SIGILL:
> >
> > $ gdb `which ogrinfo`
> > GNU gdb 6.3-debian
> > [...]
> > This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...Using host libthread_db
> > library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
> >
> > (gdb) run gltp:/vrf/var/local/topodata/vmap0/v0sas/vmaplv0/sasaus
> > 'watrcrsl at hydro(*)_line' Starting program: /usr/local/bin/ogrinfo
> > gltp:/vrf/var/local/topodata/vmap0/v0sas/vmaplv0/sasaus
> > 'watrcrsl at hydro(*)_line' [Thread debugging using libthread_db
> > enabled] [New Thread 16384 (LWP 25147)]
>
> Hamish,
>
> There have been a number of bug fixes since 3.1.4 but no new
> formal release.

I'm recompiling OGDI and GDAL now.. bonehead mistake by me. The test
system I am running it on is AMD not Intel and I used
CFLAGS="-march=pentium4".

I'm pretty sure that will be it..

[time passes]

..yup, ogrinfo works now.

> I'll prepare a 3.1.5 tonight and then hopefully you can try with that
> tomorrow.

Having support for uppercase letters in the path name and dealing with
files that end with a "." would be nice in a new release. :)

thanks & sorry for the inconvenience,

Hamish