[Gdal-dev] Memory leak related with reference counting

Mark Coletti mcoletti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:49:33 EST 2005

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:08:12 +0100, Marek Brudka <mbrudka at aster.pl> wrote:

> However, a better way to manage reference counted objects is to use
> consistently in GDAL intrusive smart pointers.
> If the dependency on boost libraries is accepted, then I propose to use
> boost::instrusive_ptr
> (http://www.boost.org/libs/smart_ptr/intrusive_ptr.html).

   I strongly second the use of Boost C++ Library reference counting
smart pointers.  For that matter, the Boost library is chock full of
some incredibly useful C++ goodies.  Fortunately it's been round long
enough that it generally comes stock with development packages on most
linux distros.  It's also cross-platform -- I know it works in unix,
linux, macs, and on Windows.

Just my two pence' worth.

MAC
--
I'm taking reality in small doses to build immunity.