[Gdal-dev] Large file support on MacOS X

Eric Dönges Eric.Doenges at rcs.ei.tum.de
Wed Jan 26 02:03:20 EST 2005

Am 24.01.2005 um 20:20 schrieb Jonathan Greenberg:

> Has anyone tried to get GDAL compiled under MacOS X and have it work
> for
> large (> 4gb) files?  If so, what flags do I need to add to the
> compiler to
> get it to work?

I did some superficial checking into this some time ago and came to the
conclusion
that it should work out of the box because MacOS X uses a 64 bit off_t
by default,
i.e. no special APIs or compiler flags are required. However, I haven't
verified that
this actually works (my largest files are about 1GB, and GeoTIFFs are
limited to 2GB
by the format in any case, I believe).

With kind regards,
Eric