[Gdal-dev] ECW Source SDK Available - Linux Binaries Prepared

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Wed Jan 26 03:05:31 EST 2005

You are the man.

Martin

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Frank Warmerdam [mailto:warmerdam at pobox.com]
	Sent: Tue 1/25/2005 11:07 PM
	To: FreeGIS; UMN MapServer; gdal-dev
	Subject: [Gdal-dev] ECW Source SDK Available - Linux Binaries Prepared

	Folks,

	The long awaited release of the ECW SDK from ERMapper has finally arrived,
	and I have built the code for Linux (with gcc 3.3).  The building is a bit
	tricky, so I thought it might be of interest to some folks to have pre-build
	binaries for linux.  I have put them at:

	   http://gdal.org/dl/ecwsdk-3.1.25Jan05-linux.tar.gz

	I *think* this should work with gdal 1.2.5.  I have also used it with the
	current GDAL ECW driver code which requires the features of version 3.1.
	It worked, but I needed to commit a few fixes, so if you want to use the
	latest stuff make sure you get the nightly snapshot that will be prepared
	in a few hours or use GDAL straight from CVS.