[Gdal-dev] ER SDK and JPEG 2000

Jack Varga jvarga at boulder.net
Thu Jan 27 22:14:50 EST 2005

Frank, et al;

I know you've been waiting some time to implement an ECW interface, and
now with the release of the ECW SDK source that reality is much closer,
but I'm curious if you've given any thought to implementing support for
ER's JPEG 2000 implementation as well.  While I know little about ER's
JPEG 2000 implementation, I believe its provided in the SDK and should
theoretically eliminate performance constraints associated with Jasper
and licensing restrictions associated with KaKadu's libraries.

Jack Varga