[Gdal-dev] Floating point exception on x86_64

vincent at ecovla.nl vincent at ecovla.nl
Mon Jul 11 04:01:22 EDT 2005

Just FYI,

I've been running gdal for more than one year now on amd64 linux
(Gentoo) without any (well, without much apparently amd64 related)
problems. Somewhere in the misty outbacks of my memory I do recall to
have had some problems in the beginning (could search the mailing list
for that) but those were solved by Frank then.
I always compile gdal from cvs, though, have never used the gentoo
ebuild. That could be some hint.

My gdal configure script:

#!/bin/bash
#gdal configure script
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=k8 " CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=k8 " \
./configure \
--with-libz \
--with-png \
--with-libtiff=internal \
--with-geotiff=internal \
--with-jpeg \
--with-netcdf=/usr/lib \
--with-hdf4=/usr/lib \
--with-pg \
--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs \
--with-odbc \
--with-jasper=no \
--with-geos

(and for the careful reader: yes, netcdf *and* hdf4 do work without any
interference, takes some ebuild tricks though).

Regards,
Vincent.