[Gdal-dev] projection lost when translating HDF to GTiff

Thom DeCarlo t.r.decarlo at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 12 16:50:50 EDT 2005

Hi Brent,
Yes, it does show a coord sys, but it is defined by GCPs. I found an email
in the archive that says I need to use gdalwarp to convert it into a
geo-transform matrix-based system. I've tried doing that, but for some
reason the output is not ending up in UTM. Instead, Imagine says it is
Transverse Mercator. I've tried setting the target coord sys manually
(-t_srs "+proj=utm +zone=-19 +datum=wgs84"), but I cannot figure out how to
tell it that it is in the southern hemisphere. And I really don't think I
should have to give it the target coord sys. The data is starting in UTM so
it should stay in UTM.

--
Thom DeCarlo
     Is it a bad sign if you spend the day wondering