[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate versus mrsiddecode

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:46:03 EDT 2005

On 7/22/05, Chris G. Nicholas <cgn at globexplorer.com> wrote:
> Once again, Frank has demonstrated an awesome level of responsiveness.
>
> How many people one this list have *every* gotten such a detailed response on short turn around from a commercial vendor?
>
> Frank, you are truly inspirational; no wonder GDAL is taking over the world!

Chris,

Well, I don't want to suggest that I don't appreciate your kudos, but
I have been failing to deal with various reports of poor mrsid
performance for a while, and with your message things reached a sort
of critical threshold where I thought I should do some investigative
work.

I'm sure Martin Daly is wondering why I still haven't looked further
into why he is getting poor performance with MrSID!  Perhaps something
from my response to you will be helpful for him too.

The thing with me is that if I don't respond within a few hours, you are
likely to never get a response since the message will fall below my
email event-horizon (ie. off the first page in the gmail interface).