[Gdal-dev] Will GDAL do other planets?

Mike Logan mlogan at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 16 18:42:52 EDT 2005

I haven't researched this yet - maybe this is already supported, but
  I can think of some reasons to have GDAL load,query,reproject
  MARS or other planetary data.    Not so much data formats (although
  that would be nice) but rather geospecific support (radius,
eccentricity, etc).

Has anyone ever tackled this idea?    Or would it be
  too much upheaval to the product?

I'm thinking ahead at using OpenSceneGraph and changes it
  might require.

ml

Michael Logan
QSS Group,Inc./NASA Ames Research Center
Task Lead,                 Visual Cueing & Simulation
Computer Scientist,  Adaptive Control Technologies
MS 262-6,
Moffett Field, CA, 94035
  (650)-604-4494