[Gdal-dev] Compiling ECW JPEG 2000 SDK 3.2 beta

Bill Binko bill at binko.net
Mon Jun 20 18:07:42 EDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Armin Burger wrote:

> Hi everybody,

> I tried to compile the new ECW JPEG 2000 SDK 3.2 beta under Linux. It
> compiled without errors (using the 'older system' compilation with
> 'NCSNightlyBuildUnix.ksh'), but under the ../bin/linux/ directory it
> just created the 'libNCSEcwC.so', not the 'libNCSEcw.so'. GDAL looks for
> this file and also the docs say that it should be created. Any clues
> why?

I found that I had to build with

NCSNightlyBuildUnix.ksh release

to get the libraries that GDAL needed.  I also HIGHLY recommend either
applying my patch or using the debug libraries (built with NCS....ksh
debug) and changing the GDALmake.opt files.

My patch can be found here:

http://forums.ermapper.com/viewtopic.php?p=1630#1630

Bill